Providence is calling an Internal Auditor to the Enterprise Risk Management Services team at Providence Health & Services in Burbank, CA.
The Internal Auditor supports the overall effectiveness of the internal audit function by performing operational and compliance audits in order to promote Providences´ mission, protect assets and mitigate risk. Analyses performed seek to improve management controls, improve service to members, patients, and physicians, and support Providences’ mission. This will require effective oral and written communication skills, and the ability and confidence to successfully work with audit team members and clients. Work is very diverse and assignments include a wide array of businesses such as hospitals, physician practices, medical foundations, clinics, and support activities such as finance, construction, information services, and materials management. This position includes routine inter-facility commuting within the San Fernando Valley and South Bay areas (approximately 20%). The auditor may be called upon for special assignments outside of the region. A valid driver´s license with access to a vehicle is required.
In this position you will:
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Create and execute work plans related to a wide variety of issues under the direction of a director, manager, or others.
- Perform analyses to improve financial performance, enhance the quality of care, improve service to members, patients and physicians, and optimize Providences´ competitive edge.
- Make recommendations to mitigate risks, enhance methods of performing services, and safeguard assets.
- Develop reports and findings by performing in-depth work to identify the root cause, criteria, condition, effect and recommendation(s) for each finding reported.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of three (3) years work experience in internal/external audit, or an equivalent combination of either education, plus one of the following:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification
- Registered Nurse (RN) with 5 years clinical experience
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) with 6 years coding experience
- Juris Doctorate (JD)
- Other advanced certification in internal audit or coding
- Internal/external audit experience.
- Ability to plan and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in potential risk identification, evaluation and mitigation.
Providence Health & Services - 20 months ago
As the sixth-largest faith-based health system in the United States, we employ talented and dedicated individuals at our large medical...