Participates in the performance of moderate to complex level professional internal auditing work. Work involves conducting financial, operational, process, information technology, and/or compliance audit projects; provides consulting services to organizational management and staff; and interacts with external auditors as applicable. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards. Works under the general direction of the Senior Auditor, Audit Manager, or Internal Audit Director.
Timely delivery of high quality audit assignments by planning, organizing, and completing applicable audit work assignments.
Participates in the identification and evaluation of the assigned organization's risk areas and provides relevant input in the development of individual project audit scope and the annual audit plan.
Participates in the planning of individual audits including risk assessment activities, mission letter and planning package preparation, defining risks, documenting controls, and developing control tests resulting in documented executable audit programs.
Performs process walkthroughs and audit procedures (tests), adequately completes working paper documentation, organizes opening/closing meetings and materials, and prepares information requests for clients.
Communicates results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations
Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
Conducts special examinations at the request of the Director, Internal Audit or Audit Manager.
- Ability to travel up to 50% and drive small to mid-size automatic transmission car greater than 25 highway miles.
- Basic knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, management principles and preferred business practices.
- Basic knowledge of the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Working knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts and practices.
- Basic abilities to analyze complex data, evaluate information and systems, and draw logical conclusions.
- Maintain composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
- Effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and presentation skills
- Ability to develop practical business solutions to complex problems or internal control issues.
- Establishing and maintaining harmonious working relationships to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Bachelor's or Graduate degree from an accredited college or university, preferably with a degree in business administration (finance, accounting, or auditing).
- Certification as a CIA, CPA, CA, CMA, or CISA preferred but not required.
- Minimum two years of full-time experience in auditing, finance, accounting, or operations.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, and employees at all levels in the organization. Strong listening skills (ask probing questions and understand responses).
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as statistics. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to assist with development, read, interpret and communicate financial reports.
Ability to analyze and define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software.
The attendance demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Attendance is required Monday through Friday within normal business hours as established by the handbook. Employee may be required to work overtime, and occasional Saturdays and Sundays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle, or feel. The employee may occasionally be required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is a high stress and fast paced environment. The position is in the corporate office, working closely with the IT staff as well as representatives from within the business. Overtime is required. Some travel may be required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions during travel. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Office environment.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Rexel - 17 months ago