RPM Mortgage, Inc. is seeking an Internal Auditor (full or part-time) to join the Risk and Counterparty Department. The Internal Auditor will be responsible for assisting in the development of the internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of work performed. Work performed will include the auditing of functional and operating business units for regulatory compliance, internal control effectiveness, fraud risk, and adherence to policies and procedures.
The Internal Auditor reports directly to the Director of Risk and Counterparty and will also support the Department’s vendor management activities.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Plan, coordinate and perform operational and financial internal audits as well as compliance and regulatory engagements
- Assess business process risk and control environment and identify improvement opportunities
- Perform regular remediation follow up to monitor adequacy and timely completion of management remediation plans
- Contribute to the establishment of risk-based audit programs and audit scope
- Determine adherence and adequacy of policies and procedures
- Organize and maintain audit workpapers in a readily accessible, paperless environment
- Conduct vendor due diligence for default and compliance risk
- Internal audit or relevant mortgage industry experience desired
- Analytical skills and the ability to think creatively about ways to effectively audit mortgage finance operations is required
- General knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and familiarity with various computer systems and applications
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the organization
- Commercial credit experience a plus
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related discipline
RPM Mortgage, Inc. recently ranked 6 th among medium-sized firms for Top Workplaces in the Bay Area! We are a dedicated group of mortgage loan professionals and offer competitive salary and benefit packages. Background checks are performed prior to hire.
RPM Mortgage, Inc. - 16 months ago