Under the direction of the Internal Audit Director and Internal Audit Manager of Risk, Audit & Integration, the Staff Internal Auditor will assist in the completion of a risk-based audit plan for all activities of the company and perform activities supporting Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, insurance and claim management, and operational audits. This position is located in Carrollton, Texas and limited travel may be required to perform audit duties.
• Effectively monitor the performance of self and to ensure set deadlines are met.
• Assist in the completion of tasks and projects as they related to the risk-based audit plan for all activities of the company, specifically for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
• Work with control owners throughout the company on documentation that supports compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley regulatory requirements.
• Perform tasks for completion of the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program, including the testing of internal controls.
• Perform tasks for completion of operational audits, including analysis and testing of internal controls.
• Execute individual audit tasks in accordance with the audit plan and with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing of The Institute of Internal Auditors (IAA).
• Properly document work papers, providing proper documentation of audit steps performed and evidence gathered.
• Assist in the rollout of related internal controls and financial policies and procedures.
• Provide supporting information for reporting of results of internal audit activities and tracking of open audit issues.
• Provide supporting information for audit reports, including action plans to achieve visible improvements to internal controls, risk management, and processes.
• Provide supporting information for insurance and claim management tasks and processes.
• Stay current with the professional standards of internal auditing (e.g., legal and compliance requirements).
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related degree.
• Candidate should be seeking professional certification required such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
• Previous external and/or internal audit experience of one to two years is required.
• Business acumen, cross-functional competence, interpersonal savvy, and strong analytical capabilities
• Excellent oral and written English skills
• Strong presentation and command skills
• Courage to take unpopular stands if needed in difficult audit situations
• Highly developed planning, time management, and organizational skills
• Diversity skills to connect with people and management styles across different cultures
• Flexibility to work in a growth environment
• Ability to work overtime
• Ability to travel for a possible 2 to 3 weeks per year
RealPage - 23 months ago
RealPage touts its software as a real asset to real estate managers. The company's on-demand software platform is designed to make the...