What's most important about my job? (essential functions)
And what else may I be responsible for? (non-essential functions)
- Participate in a progressive enterprise-wide audit approach with focus on (a) effectiveness and efficiencies of operations, (b) reliability of financial reporting and (c) compliance with applicable rules and regulations
- Perform detailed on-site audits of hotel accounting and ticketing procedures in multiple cities
- Offer on-site support and input fproperty management
- Active role in documenting and evaluating the design and operational effectiveness of the Company's internal controls over financial reporting
- Document, review and assess processes, systems, controls and policies and procedures
- Assist in identifying and mitigating enterprise-wide risks
- A passion for service; responsible for delivering personalized, above and beyond service to Your customers
- Review, comply with, and enforce the company's Affirmative Action Plans for minorities, women, and persons with disabilities
- Willingness to travel between 25-75% of the time
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide training/support/back-up for both managed and owned properties
- Perform reviews and provide input of information for financial statements/budgets/forecasts
- Review monthly financials for listed properties and provide feedback to GM/Controller
- Act as informational resource contact for the hotel property and corporate management
What knowledge, skills and abilities do I need to have? (the must-haves)
What knowledge, skills and abilities should I have? (the preferred)
- College degree in related field and a minimum of 2 years experience in hotel accounting
- CPA or equivalent experience preferred
- Considerable knowledge of Accounting and management procedures
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems: i.e. MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and electronic scheduling and e-mail systems.
- Ability to multi-task, follow through and re-prioritize well to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with both internal and external guests.
- Ability to communicate and develop an effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives and agencies.
- Ability to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively with co-workers and others
What Licenses or Certificates are required?
- A minimum of 2 years experience in hotel accounting
- Familiarity with data mining tools and techniques (Idea, ACL, etc.)
- Critical thinking
- Detail oriented
- Service oriented
What about the physical aspect of the job?
- CIA or CPA certification preferred
- Sitting: Occasionally. In a padded backed chair for up to 8 hours. In airports and airplanes.
- Standing/walking: Frequently. Meet with associates. Facilitating learning events. Connecting with all associates. In and around the office, hotels and airports.
- Crouching: Occasionally. Retrieve supplies and files from lower shelves and cabinets.
- Stooping: Occasionally. Retrieve supplies and files from lower shelves and cabinets.
- Twisting: Frequently. Answering phones, working at desk.
- Reaching (overhead/extension): Occasionally. Retrieve supplies, files, binders from higher shelves.
- Handling: Constantly. Documents, office supplies.
- Grasping: Constantly. Documents, office supplies.
- Pushing/Pulling: Frequently. Office chairs, drawers. Average weight: 5 lbs. Maximum weight: 10 lbs.
- Lifting/carrying: Frequently. Binders, boxes of documents, and office supplies. Average weight: 10 lbs. Maximum weight: 30 lbs.
- Fingering/Feeling: Constantly. Computer keyboard.