Growing global manufacturing company is preparing to add staff to their international internal audit team. This role will be based in Westchester and travel to critical locations worldwide. This is an excellent opportunity with lots of career advancement potential both in the audit group as well as in finance and operations.
Lead and assist in various risk-based audit engagements, including compliance, financial, operational and special purpose audits.
Key responsibilities include review, and identification of SOX controls, assessment of control design, recommending control design improvements where applicable, and testing key controls.
Financial audits will include review and testing of key balance sheet accounts, financial reporting and other operational audits or special projects.
Expected to be seen as valued business partner to business teams across the Company.
Ensures audit documentation can be easily understood by a third party.
Assists with the development of work plans and execution of various internal audits including balance sheet reviews, post acquisition reviews, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance audits. Based on a firm understanding of accounting principles, conducts various audits to ensure Xylems’ unit’s compliance with established policy, SOA and GAAP
- Undergraduate degree with a focus in finance, economics or accounting.
- 3-6 years of internal audit experience with a large manufacturing enterprise or nationally recognized CPA firm.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office. Professional designation (CPA, CIA or CMA) also required.
- Ability to speak foreign languages a plus.
- Successful candidate believes in teamwork and identifies with and supports team goals.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with people at all levels.
- Ability to travel 35% to 50%
- High potential individual, should be a self starter and highly motivated to grow.
Smith Arn old Partners is a Stamford, Connecticut based highly specialized technical professional and executive search firm that has helped thousands of companies and people make a professional connection. Smith Arnold Partners has successfully completed searches on behalf of the most recognizable firms in the United States.