Southern Bancorp, Inc.
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Internal Audit
Responsible for performing more complex audit procedures involving the examination, investigation, and review of records, financial statements, regulatory compliance, internal controls, and management practices in order to determine compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies and procedures.
• Perform detailed audit procedures, as required by the audit program and plan
• Ensure that all audits are properly risk rated
• Prepare detailed reports of findings and follow-ups with findings thru audit tracking process
• Lead and assist other auditors with their assigned testing
• Maintain appropriate control over all reports and records involved in the auditing process
• Ensure that all internal audit activities and procedures are performed in the manner required by the audit plan and budget approved by the Audit Committee
• Plan timing and method of examination to complete annual audit schedule, subject to direction of the Director of Internal Audit
• Ensure audit programs are up to date and effective
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Internal Audit
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or related field is required. Master’s degree is a plus.
• At least five years of audit experience, preferably in banking or finance
• Familiarity with COSO Internal Control Framework and working knowledge of banking risk
• Must have an aptitude for problem solving, critical thinking skills, and mathematical concepts
• Ability to work diplomatically with employees and bank management
• Must be a self-starter, flexible and innovative
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability for occasional overnight travel
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor is preferred
Southern Bancorp - 5 months ago