Performs review of financial, operational, compliance, and information technology in accordance with applicable audit and regulatory standards as well as providing the necessary corrective recommendations. Liaison for external auditors and regulatory auditors on reviews and assessments while maintaining effective working relationships with internal customers.
• Performs risk-based, integrated audit procedures on scheduled audit projects in accordance with the audit program and plan
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of internal control concepts and ensures all audits are properly risk rated
• Prepares written reports which accurately describe results of audits, the adequacy of internal controls, weaknesses and exposures, and identifies practical recommendations for improvements
• Leads and supports other auditors with their assigned testing
• Monitors and reports on issue identification, retesting, and closure status
• Ensures that all internal audit activities and procedures are performed in the manner required by the audit plan and budget approved by the Audit Committee
• Assists in the performance of periodic risk assessments of Company functions in order to recommend appropriate audit projects as part of the audit planning process
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Internal Audit
Qualifications and Requirements :
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or related field is required. Master’s degree is a plus.
• At least five years of audit experience, preferably in banking or finance
• Familiarity with COSO Internal Control Framework and working knowledge of banking risk
• Must have an aptitude for problem solving, critical thinking skills, and mathematical concepts
• Ability to work diplomatically with employees and bank management
• Must be a self-starter, flexible and innovative
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability for occasional overnight travel
Preferred Qualifications :
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor is preferred.
Click here to apply.
Southern Bancorp - 11 months ago