Performs complex level professional internal auditing work. Work involves conducting operational, financial, IT and compliance audit projects, and fraud investigations; providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff; and providing key input to development of the annual audit plan. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards. Works independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
Other essential duties include, but are not limited to:
• Travel - 15-20% (domestic and international)
• Identifies and evaluates the organization’s risk areas and provides key input to the development of the annual audit plan.
• Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
• Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers.
• Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
• Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management and the board of directors.
• Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
• Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
• Represents internal audit on organizational project teams, at management meetings, and with external organizations.
• Performs related work as assigned by audit management
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and three plus years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation.
• Open to Travel - 15-20% (domestic and international)
• Experience in industry auditing and accounting. Big 4 experience a plus.
• Certification as a CIA, CPA, or CISA
• Must also have the following demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Good knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
• Considerable knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by The Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act and Internal Control Over Financial Reporting
• Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts, and practices.
• Skilled in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
• Skilled in negotiating issues and resolving problems in a timely manner.
• Skilled in using a computer with MS Office tools including Word, Excel, Visio, Project and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
• Experience with SAP a plus
• Experience with TeamMate Audit Management software a plus
• Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
• Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
Spansion - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard