Talmer Bank Corp is a growing financial institution with oversight of 86 banking centers located in Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois and Ohio |
. Like other banking institutions, we offer a full array of products and services. However, we believe the exceptional level of personal attention and service provided by our relationship bankers is unmatched by any other bank.
We are looking for an Internal Auditor to join our team!
An Internal Auditor performs audits and executes audit procedures in accordance with the defined audit scope and objectives. Leads audits or works as part of a team performing the audit.
- Completes audit assignments based on defined objectives and scope, in accordance with professional and departmental standards, and within budget.
- Prepares audit work papers, ensures they adequately support work performed and findings developed, and that they are in accordance with professional and departmental standards.
- Communicates findings to the Senior Internal Auditor in a timely manner.
- Develops findings and recommendations for inclusion in the Audit report.
- Prepares the Audit report within Department guidelines.
- Provides routine progress reports to the Senior Internal Auditor regarding performance to objectives, schedules and budgets, problems encountered and findings noted.
- Identifies as early as possible any need to modify audit scope, schedule, coverage or objectives.
- Assists in maintaining and promoting effective communications with operating personnel during the audit to gather knowledge about the business unit, assess risk, evaluate controls and communicate audit progress as it affects operating personnel.
- Responsible for auditing for the bank’s adherence to deposit and lending related regulations and laws.
- Assists and participates as necessary, in the conducting of audits and examinations by external auditors and examiners.
- Tests Sarbanes-Oxley “key controls” and documents the results for use by the external auditors. As appropriate, makes recommendations to enhance the SOX process and improve the key controls testing.
- Participates in fraud investigations as necessary.
- Associate Degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent degree in banking or auditing. Bachelor’s preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience as an Internal Auditor or equivalent professional experience in a financial institution or accounting environment.
- Professional certification (CRCM, CAMS, CPA, CIA, CISA, CFSA) preferred.
- Knowledge of bank accounting, regulatory compliance, SOX key controls and internal controls in general.
- PC literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule is required.
General Working Conditions:
- Continuous focus on visual concentration: amount/extent of task detail.
- Occasional pressures related to establishing priorities, meeting deadlines, or fulfilling scheduling requirements.
- Occasional interruptions and distracting influences.
- Periodic sitting or standing in one position, continual computer use, and/or continual use of hands and fingers requiring dexterity.
- Ability and means to travel.
This classification description is intended to indicate the general kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that are required of positions given this title and should not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of the employees under her/his supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.
Equal Opportunity Employer