Telephone and Data Systems (TDS) is a diversified Fortune 500® telecommunication services provider with $5 billion in revenue and more than 7 million customers. TDS provides wireless, local, long-distance, Internet, satellite television and high-speed data services to residential and business customers in 36 states through our U.S. Cellular and TDS Telecom brands.
The TDS Internal Audit team provides challenging projects; a positive LIFE/work balance; limited travel (15%) ; and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
We areseeking a motivated individual with strong critical-thinking skills to join our integrated Internal Audit team at our U.S. Cellular Corporate Headquarters in Chicago (Rosemont), IL. This is an exciting opportunity for a staff-level Internal Auditor with prior operational, IT or financial auditing experience.
Our internal audit team is responsible for partnering with the TDS family of companies to assist with and lead challenging and complex enterprise-wide audit projects. The Staff Auditor reviews, evaluates, and tests business process (operational) and technology processes to assess risk, internal controls, and overall effectiveness and efficiency. This position, in conjunction with management, offers recommendations on business and process enhancements and serves as a business partner/advisor to multiple internal teams.
In addition, this position leads or participates in a variety of other critical tasks and initiatives, special assurance reviews, continuous audits, fraud investigation, consulting reviews and department process improvement efforts.
The Staff Auditor position provides the opportunity to gain exposure to various business and industry-specific processes, while interacting with and impacting all levels throughout our organization. If you are ready to leverage your experiences, come join our audit team!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS or related field
- 1+ years audit experience (operational, financial, Compliance, or IT)
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience building and designing new audit programs and conducting testing for previously unaudited processes
- CPA, CIA, or CISA certification
- Prior experience in public accounting
- Experience performing compliance/SOX-based audits
- Working knowledge of audit data analysis tools (e.g. ACL, IDEA, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of business processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sufficient risk and control knowledge and business acumen to help business partners recognize the need to make changes
- Experience performing independent reviews to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes
- General knowledge and demonstrated application of internal audit concepts, standards and methodologies
- Motivated and proactive mindset, demonstrates critical thinking skills and has the desire to understand the business
- Familiarity with IT audit standards and frameworks (e.g. COBIT, ISO/IEC 27002, ITIL)
- Prior experience, or exposure to, performing general computing and application controls reviews or systems implementation consulting
To learn more about this position or our family of companies, please visit tds.jobs .
Apply for this job:
Telephone and Data Systems (TDS)
- 23 months ago - save job