U.S. Physical Therapy, Inc. ("USPh"), which was founded in 1990, is a publicly held company which operates over 400 outpatient physical and/or occupational therapy clinics in 43 states. The Company's clinics provide post-operative care for a variety of orthopedic-related disorders and sports-related injuries, treatment for neurologically-related injuries, rehabilitation of injured workers and preventative care.
U.S. Physical Therapy, Inc (USPh, Inc) is searching for a full time Internal Auditor, based out of our Corporate offices in Houston, TX.
Under the supervision of the Director of Compliance audits rehabilitation facility of designated geographic region. Audit activity includes the analysis of Business Office, Healthcare Reimbursement/Managed Care Contracts, Basic Clinical Documentation, and General Health Facility Compliance
Successful candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Set schedule to do on-site annual audit of assigned rehabilitation facilities.
- Prepare papers to complete assigned audits.
- Complete on-site audit and conduct exit interview with Clinical Director and Business Office Manager.
- Prepare written reports utilizing templates.
- Participate in and present verbal report of audit results to Compliance Committee.
- Collaborate with internal auditors and other management personnel regarding process improvement with recommendations based upon industry standards.
- Maintain understanding of the State Practice Acts for rehabilitation personnel in the states assigned.
- Keep apprised of changes in legislation and reimbursement of rehabilitation services.
- Participate in special assignments and reporting as assigned by the Director of Compliance.
- Demonstrate and promote collaboration and teamwork with the internal audit compliance department and the Company.
- Utilize positive and productive communication skills effectively.
We offer a competitive total compensation package including base salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, disability, life and a 401(k) plan, in addition to other outstanding benefits such as Paid Time Off.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Graduate degree and/or CPA preferred
- Healthcare Experience preferred
- 1+ year of Audit experience
- Ability to travel 75%
- Proficient in Word/Excel; ability to learn limited functions of medical billing/collection software
USPh, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- M/F/D/V
- Create your profile & Apply for this job online
- Email this job to a friend
U.S. Physical Therapy - 12 months ago