This position is responsible for performing tasks related to internal audit programs and for identifying potential business process improvements during the audit process.This responsibility includes developing internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures, and drafting internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. Work performed will include coverage of functional and operational units, primarily focusing on financial and operational processes. Additionally, this position performs follow-up review on the status of outstanding internal audit issues.
Assist in the development of audit programs designed to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls, efficiency of operations, and/or compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
Execute and complete audit assignments timely with minimal re-work required after review.
Prepare and maintain workpapers documenting procedures performed and supporting audit findings.
Prepare internal audit reports communicating findings, recommendations and corrective actions for audit issues.
Ensure audits are performed in accordance with professional standards and departmental policies.
Obtain and/or maintain professional certification(s). Keep current on new industry guidance,standards and best practices.
Participating in other special projects as may be assigned.
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance or other specialized fields or equivalent experience
• CPA, CIA or other professional designation preferred
• Minimum of 2 years of public accounting, internal audit and/or manufacturing experience with knowledge of accounting, finance and internal control areas.
• Strong computer skills (i.e. Microsoft office applications, Visio, Powerpoint.and audit softwares)
• Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
• Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, to complete audit assignments.
• Working knowledge of audit softwares and computer assisted auditing techniques
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
• Familiarity with auditing standards i.e. IIA Standards.
• Willingness to travel up to 40%
Physical Activity/Work Environment
Travel - 40% Driving - 2%
Prolonged Sitting - 70% Prolonged Standing/Walking - 10%
Climbing, Crawling, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting (25 lbs.) - 2%
Finger-Hand Manipulation (e.g. 10-key, typing) - 40%
Prolonged VDT use (Video Display Terminal) - 40%
Temperature - 10% Noise - 10%