The Senior Auditor position is a key member of the Internal Audit & Controls department and reports to the Internal Audit & Controls Manager. The primary responsibility of this position is to assist in reviewing & executing processes associated with VESIS’s Internal Audit and Controls evaluation. Activities within this process include facilitating interactions with different control owner groups, process documentation, controls evaluation and remediation, and coordinating internal and external audits
Protects assets by completing audits; ensuring compliance with regulations and internal controls; recommending improvements in operational processes and system configurations.
* Enhances audit team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions and answers technical and procedural questions.
* Ensures compliance with regulations and controls by examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation; recommending opportunities to strengthen the internal control structure.
* Prepares for audits by researching materials; formulating a plan of actions.
* Monitors compliance with regulations and controls by examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
* Plan, scope, perform, and report on internal control, financial, and operational audits.
* Assist in planning, scoping, and performing PeopleSoft application audits to ensure the completeness and accuracy of data
* Completes audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings.
* Communicates audit progress and findings by preparing reports; providing information in meetings.
* Assist in Sarbanes Oxley audit of Internal Controls over financial reporting
* Supports external auditors by coordinating information requirements.
* Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Accomplishes internal audit and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
* Minimum of 3 years auditing experience in a public firm or equivalent experience in an internal audit department
* Experience with Operational audits and system audits (preferably PeopleSoft financials suite)
* Ability to effectively manage processes and perform operations research
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Self-starter and independent thinker
* 50% Travel required – North America