The Internal Auditor will assist in developing and maintaining Company policies and procedures. Plans and conducts compliance reviews of internal controls and procedures. Prepares and submits reports on the results of audits, recommending improvements in policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, update and enhance the value of the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) documentation and testing with an eye toward increasing effectiveness and efficiencies within the processes and controls.
- Works with process owners and department managers to develop, implement, monitor and manage the company’s compliance with internal control requirements.
- Provides training and guidance to managers responsible for implementing and managing key controls.
- Follows up in the implementation of management action plans to address any identified control gaps.
- Audits ongoing processes to assure continued compliance.
- Conduct (plan, perform, report) comprehensive financial and operational audits in accordance with the department’s annual audit plan.
- Help coordinate work and communications with Company personnel, consultants and external auditors, as required.
- Interact appropriately with all departments and levels of management.
- Conduct special projects, reviews, investigations, etc. as required by senior management.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population
- Ability to train and lead management team regarding compliance responsibilities
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English to the degree necessary to perform the job
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related discipline required
- MBA or advanced business/accounting degree preferred
- 4+ years of audit experience
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) documentation and testing experience
- CPA or CIA preferred
- Big 4 audit experience preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred