Summary of Responsibilities:
Western & Southern Financial Group, a Fortune 500 Company, has an immediate opportunity for an Internal Auditor. The Internal Auditor performs risk-based internal audit activities for the Company and its subsidiaries. They conduct risk-based integrated reviews of financial, operational, systems and management controls of the Company. The Internal Auditor will provide assistance to the external auditors and regulatory auditors while maintaining effective working relationships with business unit management. The ideal candidate will work with some to minimal supervision and is responsible to make a range of decisions, escalate to manager when appropriate and provide updates to the manager on a regular basis.
• Performs risk-based integrated audit procedures on scheduled audit projects in accordance with approved risk-based audit programs and in a timely, efficient and professional manner, demonstrating a working knowledge of internal control concepts for each audit project.
• For assigned audit projects, clearly documents and evaluates the internal controls present in the manual and automated systems being reviewed, identifying internal control strengths and weaknesses.
• Prepares audit work papers that accurately and sufficiently document audit tests performed, in accordance with departmental guidelines (i.e., Audit Procedures Manual (APM)).
• Consistently provides timely information to the supervisor during the audit project regarding weaknesses noted and recommendations for corrective action.
• Prepares drafts of risk-based audit matrix, summary memoranda, and statement of audit exceptions that accurately describe results of tests performed, the nature of control weaknesses and exposures and identify practical recommendations for improvements.
• Completes the Internal Audit self-study training program and new hire orientation program in order to gain the required base knowledge of internal control concepts, audit testing techniques, data processing knowledge and financial, systems and operational audit knowledge.
• Assists external auditors and regulatory auditors in the performance of scheduled audit activities.
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned by management.
• Some knowledge of internal control concepts and audit techniques.
• Basic knowledge of accounting.
• Proven ability to develop or adapt programs/procedures on an as-needed basis.
• Experience coordinating multiple projects/assignments (1 to 2) simultaneously and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis. Possesses a strong attention to detail with excellent organization skills. Solid project management with proven experience successfully planning, executing and maintaining a project from start to finish.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated success interpreting and communicating business needs between internal groups and external vendors in a clear, focused and concise manner. Will be expected to provide examples of written audit reports.
• Knowledge of risk-based integrated auditing concepts and techniques.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, computer science, information systems, finance or related field of study.
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
• Exposure to automated systems, including mainframes and Local Area Network and Wide Area Network based applications.
Certifications & licenses (i.e. Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
• Eligible to participate in the certification program as a Certified Professional Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
• 10 to 15% overnight travel required annually.
Western & Southern Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company, is a dynamic family of diversified financial services companies that provides life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement planning and investment products and services to help millions of consumers nationwide to plan and protect their financial futures.
With more than 5,000 associates and more than 50,000 individuals in our selling group, Western & Southern offers consumers and businesses the financial products and services they require to meet their insurance needs and investment goals. Having reached more in excess of $50 billion in assets owned and under management, we are leveraging our industry leading financial strength to fuel our growth through strategic acquisitions, increases in our current product revenue stream and expansion into new distribution channels and businesses.
Western & Southern provides a host of benefits that include medical, dental, life, pension, 401K, free fitness facility, on-site cafeteria, and generously subsidized parking. Western & Southern promotes a stable, fulfilling and challenging environment with an emphasis on excellence and continued career development.
Western & Southern Financial - 11 months ago