We are very excited to announce that the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities has an opening for an Internal Auditor to join our team!
The Internal Auditor provides leadership and expertise to assess risk exposure and the effectiveness of procedures which safeguard Association assets. The incumbent develops a plan and conducts strategic audits to ensure the accurate reporting of Association assets, liabilities, and revenue and expenditure transactions. The Internal Auditor performs audits on behalf of our external auditor. The incumbent develops reports and communicates with Senior Management and the General Board Audit Committee on the effectiveness of internal controls and financial reporting processes at the Association.
Qualifications - Required
- Develops strategic plan for annual internal audit using a risk based audit approach.
- Conducts audits to assess risk exposure across Association wide operations and financial areas within the designated timeline as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects.
- Audits operations and financial programs and systems to determine compliance with established policies and procedures as well as established objectives and goals.
- Analyzes data, conducts research and prepares audit finding reports for senior management and the Audit Committee.
- Communicates findings and makes recommendations for improvements in the areas of control, efficiency and cost savings subject to review by Audit Committee.
- Provides meaningful feedback on internal control and external audit matters about the business and financial risks.
- Collaborates with management and staff to implement approved recommendations which creates consistencies, and best practices.
- Perform audits as directed by the external auditors.
- Utilizes Company policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, good business practices, and generally accepted auditing standards to perform audits.
Qualifications - Preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of internal audit or external risk based financial audit experience
- Experience with improving and streamlining business practices
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical and decision making skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated process, systematic and detail orientation
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office suite and other related systems
- Ability to maintain integrity of actions, processes and confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Ability to work independently and part of a team and within a diverse group
- One (1) year of experience with Information Technology audits
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification
- Prior experience working in a matrix business environment
- Prior experience working in a non-profit organization
- Must be able to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to travel to Branch and Camp locations as necessary.
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please apply online. This position will remain posted until filled.
Salary: $55,340 - $64,349
YMCA - 9 months ago
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...