GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As an Internal Combustion (IC) Research Engineer, you will be a member of the Internal Combustion Lab, which is focused on advancing the capability of GE’s IC engine portfolio . You will perform research and development in IC engine technology and systems to meet the growing needs of GE’s Transportation and Power & Water businesses.
You will work on teams that conceptualize, develop and evaluate emissions reduction and performance improvement technologies for several GE engines. Your responsibilities will include conducting engine experiments as well as exercising a variety of analytical tools to predict and optimize engine performance
As an Internal Combustion Engine Engineer, you will:
- Work with technicians and engineers to plan and execute engine experiments;
- Perform appropriate analysis and use modeling tools to predict engine performance and emissions
- Calibrate and validate engine models
- Work with engineers and researchers to identify robust engine system solutions for GE’s customers
- Doctorate in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related disciplines OR Masters in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related disciplines with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of combustion, performance and emissions, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics.
- Background performing combustion experiments and experience using commercial simulation/analysis tools.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate, model and provide critical insight into complex physical phenomena.
- Candidate must be willing travel to GE facilities in the US or Europe once per quarter.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment through GECareers.com to be considered
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
This position is eligible for The Employee Referral Program.
Imagine what GE Global Research will make happen next. If you are ready to join us, click on the “Apply to job” button below.
- Background in IC engine combustion, performance and emissions. Experience running engine system simulation tools such as GT-Power
- Peer reviewed journal publications.
- Knowledge of temperature and flow measurement systems
- Experience working in teams and creating innovative technology solutions.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team
- Ability to create innovative technology solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to independently execute on projects
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 18 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...