Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Senior Internal Controls Process Analysts work under the limited supervision of the Internal Controls Process Manager and participate in complex testing and reporting of internal controls over the company's financial reporting process. Senior Internal Controls Process Analysts apply understanding of the principles, concepts, practices and standards of Sarbanes Oxley compliance to evaluate, test and report over identified controls. In addition, Senior Internal Controls Process Analysts assist, when necessary, with research and analyses requested by management. Work assignments are completed with minimal supervision from the Internal Controls Process Manager. Work is moderate to high in scope and complexity. Knowledge is applied to independently resolve routine and non-routine issues and provide project guidance and informal coaching to Internal Controls Process Analysts as needed.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Successfully perform all key job functions of the Internal Controls Process Analyst role at a higher level of complexity, scope and autonomy.
- Controls Execution and Project ManagementAssist audit team members in understanding the key controls in each area; assist with Internal Audit development of the audit approach. Coordinate/partner with vendors supporting SOX testing, as needed. Take ownership and independently manage subsets of internal controls-related projects (with minimal oversight form Internal Controls Process Manager).
- Conduct first-level review of Internal Controls Process Analyst work and documentation; leverage Internal Controls Process Manager guidance as needed.
- Conduct research for and respond to inquires from internal and external points of contact (as related to internal control matters); advise management on significant matters regarding business, internal programs and activities related to internal control matters. Participate as a team member on projects at the highest level of technical complexity.
- Track status of testing (to identify deficiencies) and remediation; lead monitoring status of remediation and subsequent testing. Begin to consider how the internal controls environment of the organization can be improved; share recommendations with the Internal Controls Process Manager.
- People Management and DevelopmentProvide informal, day-to-day coaching and guidance to Internal Controls Process Analysts.
- Client Relationship ManagementBegin building and maintaining relationships with business partner managers and staff. Provide advice and share Internal Controls knowledge with business partner, manager and staff to strengthen governance, risk and controls environments, as appropriate.
- Performance MeasuresInternal Controls Process Manager feedback (i.e., Project Review and Coaching Notes)Peer feedback Customer feedbackBudget and timeliness goalsInternal controls quality standards
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 3 years of related experience
- MS Excel, MS Access and/or MS Project
- Experience with Risk Management
- Experience with Technology Functions
- Strong communication skills with consultative approach
- General understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle
- Experience with Industry controls and frameworks for audit, risk, compliance, security, governance and/or enterprise risk (COBIT, COSO)
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...