Join the Industry Pioneer
Launch an exciting career at Southern Air, the premier global air cargo service provider! We operate a fleet of B747-400BCF’s and are the only ACMI operator of B777F’s, providing a wide range of air cargo services for the World’s Flag Carriers, Charter Brokers, Shippers and Governments.
Great talent is the key to our success, and we strive to create an environment where employees are enabled to contribute to their full potential by leveraging their unique experiences, perspective, and viewpoints. We take pride in delivering exceptional service to our customers, and providing our employees the experience of a lifetime… being part of a multi-cultural, global community which is shaping the future of our organization and touches the lives of people all over the world.
The Internal Evaluation Manager reports to the DOS and is responsible for the implementation and oversight of the Southern Air Internal Evaluation Program.
- Promotes the fundamentals of safety, security and quality in daily operations and outside the workplace to all Southern Air employees
- Conducts safety and security evaluations on the company’s systems and subsystems using all available tools, i.e., ATOS, IOSA (IATA Operational Safety Audit) Standards, Human Factors Analysis and Classification System (HFACS), OSHA regulations, TSA and other foreign government security requirements, Company audit/evaluation by Safety Assurance personnel and external sources
- Reviews and verifies proposed and enacted preventive and corrective actions to ensure effective mitigation of risks discovered; monitors follow-up
- Confirms all safety and security audits are logged into the audit database and verifies their completion
- Manages aircraft, personnel and workplace hazard database of incident/accident information to monitor and analyze trends
- Manages reactive and proactive methods of safety data collections and analysis to access existing and potential hazards to aircraft operation and provide appropriate risk management mitigation (including fatigue risk management)
- Manage the process for identifying internal or external changes that have the potential to affect safety of aircraft operations
- Manages the operational safety reporting system which provides feedback from employees to communicate safety hazard, deficiencies, or concerns (including injuries, incidents, accidents)
- Responsible for meeting applicable legal/regulatory requirements and administering the Safety Management System for flight, cargo, maintenance, vendor and support operations
- Acts as company’s alternate liaison in foreign and domestic regulatory agency safety matters and in representing company interests in trade organizations
- Assist with exercises to routinely review, evaluate and maintain the company emergency response plan
- Performs assigned duties as outlined in the company Procedures Manual during simulated and actual serious incidents/accidents
- Assists, collaborates and conducts investigations of incidents and accidents and prepares reports
NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE WILL BE PROVIDED.
- Demonstrated experience in Airline Safety Management Systems, Aviation Auditing and Standards, and Risk Management
- Familiarity with Human Factors Analysis and Classification System (HFACS)
- 3 years related experience in a supervisory position with part 121 or scheduled part 135 air carrier or U.S. military aviation operations or U.S. Government department or agency that deals directly with aviation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated platform speaking ability and excellent interpersonal skills
- BS or BA degree in aviation or related discipline preferred
Southern Air is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V
Southern Air - 2 years ago