The Internal Auditor is primarily responsible conducting internal accounting procedure audits, bank reconciliations, creating and maintaining various accounting reports, reviewing commission statements, and managing special assignments as assigned by management. This role will work closely with management concerning corporate finance matters, general ledger.
Statement of other duties
- Plan and conduct reviews of financial status and prepare analysis of results to be reviewed by senior management
- Assist with month-end closing including bank reconciliations, journal entries, and as needed.
- Assist with the overall improvement of the organization through recommendations that strengthen internal controls, improve the accuracy of financial statements and achieve operational efficiencies
- Responsible for preparing various management reports
- Maintains a high level confidentiality with regards to all internal, external matters and other material as deemed necessary
This document describes the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field is required (CPA a plus but not required)
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in accounting or public audit experience
- Demonstrate exceptional analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written, oral and reading skills in order for the incumbent to accurately interpret and transcribe a variety of communications and instructions
- Solid understanding of all MS Office applications (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Commitment to excellence and to making a difference; results driven, improvement focused, and action oriented self-starter who can handle various responsibilities simultaneously and proactively and continually look for a better way of doing things
CareerBuilder - 11 months ago