Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of IT-related internal controls, risk management, and governance processes for Renown Health and related entities.
Nature and Scope:
Under the direction of the Director of Internal Audit, prepare an annual risk-based audit plan based on IT risks. Plan, develop, execute, and prepare reports for IT audits and special projects, as requested at the direction of the Director of Internal Audit. Additionally Plan, perform, document fieldwork on IT components of financial, operational, and compliance audits performed by the Internal Audit Department. Make recommendations for improvement that are feasible based on current resources. Educate members of the Internal Audit Team on IT risks and controls.
This position must be objective and independent of the activity being reviewed. It is authorized to have free and unrestricted access to organization functions, records, property, and personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills; effective oral and written communication with both internal and external contacts, which clearly and effectively convey project objectives, evaluations, conclusions, and recommendations; understanding of human relations; maintaining satisfactory relationships with project clients.
2. Proficient in knowledge of IT risks and controls in a healthcare organization.
3. Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills.
4. Maintain absolute confidentiality.
5. Ability to apply knowledge and address situations appropriately without extensive recourse to technical research in the following areas: IT and Internal Audit Standards, frameworks, guidelines, procedures, and techniques..
6. Proficient in the use of word processing and spreadsheet computer programs and various office equipment.
7. Willing to increase level of technical competence specific to the organization and the health care industry.
8. Develop staff by verifying the adequacy and effectiveness evidential documentation.
9. Ability and experience in evaluating IT risks and controls and develop audit programs in areas not previously audited.
10. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; Proficiency in time management.
11. Proficient in report writing and communications at all areas of the organization.
12. Motivate and encourage others to enhance teamwork.
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Requires B.S. or B.A. in information systems related field.
Minimum five years of recent IT internal auditing experience. Health care experience preferred.
Familiarity with and use of standard frameworks for assessing IT risks and controls (e.g., COBiT) and IT Best Practices (e.g., ITIL and NIST).
Familiarity with IT components and regulations that impact the Renown organization (e.g. HIPAA, Meaningful Use).
Experience evaluating IT operations and application controls.
CISA certification required.
CIA certification preferred.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Experience with EPIC preferred.
Experience with Microsoft Access preferred.
Renown Health - 18 months ago