Internal Sales Representative will works with internal and external wholesaler partners in multiple regions across the country to help develop and prospect new relationships with advisors.
- Work with internal and external wholesaler partners in multiple regions across the country to help develop and prospect new relationships with advisors.
- Conduct consultative, relationship-building sales calls via the telephone with financial advisors and other licensed professionals.
- Develop and execute sales plan strategies with the primary focus of prospecting new business.
- Articulate fund objectives, discuss financial markets (domestic and international) and portfolio strategies.
- Identify sales opportunities and advisor needs, cross-sell ideas and introduce new concepts.
- Develop asset allocation strategies based on client objectives and risk tolerances.
- Analyze regional/product sales trends within participating broker/dealer firms and among individual financial advisors.
- Work with various departments/individuals within the organization to provide ‘Best in Class’ service to our financial advisors.
- Handle daily administrative tasks to ensure maximum business efficiency, i.e. update and maintain contact management system.
Competencies for Success/Requirements:
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in financial services industry.
- Thorough understanding of the financial/capital markets; mutual funds, group and individual retirement plan products, separately managed accounts, hedge funds and other investment vehicles.
- Ability to view business on a macro and micro level.
- Motivated to achieve success.
- Strong work ethic, high integrity and strong values.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sales skills; probing, listening and closing.
- Exceptional verbal and writing skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Series 7 & 63 preferred
- College degree preferred.
OFI Core Competencies:
Define Vision & Focus on Results
Understand the current business context and clearly define and articulate the intended future direction for the company and department. Set challenging, realistic, outcome driven goals that reflect an exciting vision for how the Company will innovate or compete in an evolving marketplace.
- Understands and can articulate business and departmental objectives
- Identifies and applies creative solutions to solving business problems
- Demonstrates knowledge of financial services and how his/her role and department is impacted by industry and market changes
Manage Change & Take Action
Challenge the current state and make a compelling case for change and drive continuous improvement to achieve future objectives. Operate with flexibility and urgency and embrace good ideas from any source. Make decisions that align with the Company’s priorities and values.
Build Relationships & Collaborate
- Understands business needs and makes decisions that support department priorities
- Conducts regular and careful analysis of existing processes and tools
- Recommends and implements new approaches that support the direction of the business
- Demonstrates an understanding of the impact of change on the department
- Makes challenging decisions in timely manner
Build high-performance teams and coalitions that are focused on addressing the needs of the business. Form and sustain valuable internal and external business relationships and networks. Collaborate productively and with integrity to achieve and deliver results
- Effectively leverages internal resources to deliver positive business results
- Builds a strong network of internal and external partners and proactively supports team members
- Focuses on organizational rather than personal agendas
- Asks thoughtful questions to gain a better understanding of differing viewpoints
- Holds self and others accountable
Give Feedback & Be Accountable
Provide constructive performance-shaping feedback to individuals and groups regarding the quality and effectiveness of work. Improve performance and output by assessing patterns of success and failure. Look for opportunities to coach others and make others successful. Take personal responsibility and honor commitments.
- Demonstrates awareness of personal strengths and development priorities
- Asks questions and shares opinions that promote team learning
- Actively solicits feedback from others to improve performance
- Provides suggestions and relevant feedback to others
The candidate must be comfortable with continuous change and demonstrate commitment by abiding to OFI’s Corporate Values:
Since the original Oppenheimer fund was first offered to the public in 1959, OppenheimerFunds, Inc. (OFI) has grown into one of the largest...