WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY
Office of International Enrollment Management
International Admissions Officer
Western Kentucky University’s (WKU) Office of International Enrollment Management is seeking applicants for the position of International Admissions Officer. The International Admissions Officer serves as primary administrative support of the University’s international enrollment recruitment efforts. This is a full- time position under the supervision of the Coordinator, International Admissions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are customary for this position, but are not to be construed as all-inclusive. Duties may be added, deleted, and assigned based on management discretion and institutional needs.
• Processes all undergraduate international admission applications
• Develops and maintains a robust international student Ambassador program
• Evaluates all non-United States academic credentials for all potential undergraduate students
• Acts as liaison for and assists other departments on campus with credential evaluation for study abroad students including creation of catalogs in Banner for international universities
• Provides BANNER software support
• Provides document imaging support
• Works extensively with existing recruitment partners
• Develops and maintains new partnerships for recruitment
• Provides market research for recruitment purposes
• Development of international student recruitment publications
• Assists the Coordinator of International Admission in day-to-day admissions process
• Some international and domestic travel will be required
• Bachelor’s degree
• Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. educational systems
• Ability to develop and effectively deliver presentations
• Ability to use Word, Excel, and Access
• Ability to comprehend and accurately evaluate foreign academic credentials
• Ability to learn Banner student information system
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to learn transfer articulation process
• Attention to detail and research skills
• Valid driver’s license
• Valid passport
Salary Grade: 107 Expected salary: $30,000
Applications for employment will be accepted electronically only. Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, current resume, and names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three professional references using the online application process. Please refer to the following website to apply: http://asaweb.wku.edu/wkujobs . For further assistance call (270) 745-5934. Please reference requisition number S3799. For full consideration, submit application materials on or before September 21, 2013. Position will remain open until filled.
Kentucky state law requires all public institutions of postsecondary education to conduct pre-employment criminal background checks to determine suitability for employment.
Western Kentucky University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, veteran status, or marital status in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and/or selection process, should notify The Office of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/University ADA Services at (270) 745- 5121, a minimum of five working days in advance.
InsideHigherEd.com - 10 months ago