The International Business Instructor is a full-time, tenure track International Business faculty position in the Business, Engineering, and IT division at North Seattle Community College (NSCC), beginning Fall quarter 2013.This position will teach upper division courses in the International Business Bachelor of Applied Science (IB BAS) program, and will also act as the lead faculty and faculty program coordinator for this new pathway. It is expected that the instructor will teach and work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds. |
Tenure-track faculty at the Seattle Community Colleges also represent their departments and divisions in the college and district at large, participating in and supporting shared governance committees and initiatives. This position reports to the Dean of Business, Engineering and IT.
Position is open until filled, applications received by March 22, 2013 will receive first consideration. To be considered for this position applications must include the following:
Position finalists will be required to perform a teaching lesson and present related curriculum materials for the screening committee.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- A letter of application detailing education/experience as related to this position and addressing the required skills and preferred qualifications as outlined above.
- College transcripts (unofficial acceptable). Please add as attachments to application or email to: email@example.com
- The names, phone numbers, and email addresses of three professional references.
Seattle Community Colleges are committed to recruiting dedicated faculty and staff who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political status, and sexual orientation.
- Prepare and teach classes in the new International Business BAS degree.
- Participate in proposing and developing new offerings as well as adjusting and revising curriculum for the BAS degree.
- Act as lead faculty for the IB BAS degree pathway, which includes advising students, program coordination, and helping students prepare for graduation.
- Perform other professional responsibilities as outlined in the AFT Seattle Local 1789 and th Seattle Community Colleges Board of Trustees Agreement: http://aftseattle.wa.aft.org/key-documents/2007-2010-agreement
- Be a contributing member of the BElT division and Business Department.
Required Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Master's degree in Business or Accounting.
- Five (5) years' experience working in some aspect of international business.
- Experience teaching in higher education or within industry (recent experience preferred).
- Experience assessing course work or training and student/participant achievement.
- Evidence of collaborative work within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in furthering the educational development of and/or effectively teaching persons from diverse backgrounds (such as racial, ethnic, religious, linguistic, gender, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, and with diverse physical and learning abilities).
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, using technology when appropriate.
- Doctoral degree in Business or related field, or MBA with International Business emphasis (or both).
- Teaching experience in higher education.
- Ability to collaborate throughout the college and to the larger business community.
- Experience developing and growing education and/or training programs.
Seattle Community Colleges - 22 months ago