Corporate Onsite Travel Office located in Deerfield, IL for large retail organization.
Full Time position 8:30 am to 5:30 pm (Mon-Fri).
WORLDSPAN GDS EXPERIENCE
- Works closely with company VIPs.
- Fulfills International travel related requests for airline, hotel, and car rentals to result in the lowest cost for booked itinerary and maximum commission claimed. Must be knowledgeable in international faring.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Books international reservations for air travel, hotel and car rentals, following up when necessary to complete the reservation.
- Maintains and promotes professional and courteous client relations by managing a prompt and accurate response to telephone and email communications.
- Remains informed of all airline rules and regulations and current affairs. Communicates information to clients accurately and appropriately.
- Monitors, sorts and works global distribution systems (GDS) queues daily to maintain quality control.
- Must be reliable
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others
- Must be able to work with deadlines
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Minimum of four (5) + years active CORPORATE Travel Consultant experience in the past 6 years.
- Minimum of 2 years international experience
- Thorough knowledge of the travel industry, fares and international markets.
- Proficiency with Worldspan GDS.
- Knowledge of international faring and ticketing procedures.
- Demonstrated professional customer service skills.
- Demonstrated internet research skills for customer information.