Etsy is seeking a data analyst intern to join the international team based in Brooklyn, NY to help drive high growth initiatives across our international business.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you have a strong business foundation that allows you to quickly understand the economics and drivers of a business and a strong statistical intuition accompanied by a penchant for designing smart experiments to test hypotheses in a world of messy data.
About the International Team
The International team is comprised of over 50 people (directly and indirectly) across 9 countries and across functions from technology to marketing, working together to empower independent, creative business to sell and buy globally. We have over 20 million members in almost 200 countries around the world.
About the Position
As a data analyst on the international team at Etsy, you will:
- Help draw insights about our customers from our massive amounts of data
- Help build and shape experiment-driven products
- Understand and communicate a holistic picture of the business to all stakeholders
- Help process data, draw conclusions and disseminate findings to a broader audience
- Currently pursuing, or just graduated from, a Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Ability to work with big datasets with minimal support (SQL, AWK, SED)
- A passion and intuition for the business side and analyses that drill down to the dollar level
- A proven history of dependable execution and managing multiple projects in an intense, fast-paced environment
- Big Plus: A strong interest in data visualization principles (Cleveland, Tufte) and tools (ggplot2, D3.js, ...)
- Big Plus: knowledge of statistical programming tools (R, Matlab/Octave)
Etsy is creating the world’s most vibrant handmade marketplace. We connect shoppers with independent creators and designers to find inspiring handmade goods, while providing makers with the platform they need to make a living, making things. We believe that every transaction tells a story, and value the relationship among makers and buyers. Etsy celebrates individual creativity in design and craftsmanship and connects unique people, stories, and products in a playful and meaningful way. We serve 19 million members in over 150 countries.
As you’ve probably guessed, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us---we want you to be like you! So write to us, in your own human voice, and tell us what you’re all about. What gets you up in the morning? What excites you? What throws your whole day off and causes you to pull your hair out?
If you have a presence on the web that we can easily access (twitter, facebook, rap sheet), contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or practice a craft, we would love to hear about it when you write!
Etsy - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Etsy is a marketplace, but it's also a community made up of many different individuals with many different lives and points of view.