Job Title: International Finance Director
Reports to: Vice President of Finance
Location: Boston, MA
Partners In Health (“PIH”), headquartered in Boston, MA, is an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. Through its service delivery, training, advocacy and research, PIH works globally to bring the benefits of modern medical science to those most in need and to serve as an antidote to despair. PIH has major programs in Haiti, Peru, Guatemala, Mexico, Russia, Rwanda, Lesotho, Malawi, Burundi, Kazakhstan, the Dominican Republic, and Boston, working tirelessly to lessen the joint burden of disease and poverty. This is an exciting time for PIH. The organization is taking on immense challenges, while its newfound visibility has brought the opportunity to influence even greater changes on the global stage. As the work continues to expand, PIH seeks individuals committed to the mission and values of the organization (see PIH values) to join the team.
The International Finance Director oversees the financial activities, planning and budgeting, and financial systems in PIH’s international sites. She/he helps to monitor and manage operational spending across a variety of health care facilities in several international locations involving multiple funding sources. The International Finance Director is responsible for supporting and mentoring local staff and managers by providing assistance with complicated transactions, training new staff on financial systems, improving processes, and ensuring adherence to policies. Regular travel to field sites is required.
· Supervise finance staff with a primary focus on international activities.
· Assist in monitoring and projecting cash flow.
· Communicate frequently and assist field sites with finance-related questions.
· Establish and oversee timely monthly closing at sites.
· Create and distribute top level reports for senior management review; analyze these reports for reasonableness of activity and ensure projects are proceeding within budgets.
· Assist in preparing financial analyses for Executive Committee, Audit and Investment Committee, and Board of Governors meetings.
· Help to coordinate and disseminate materials for the annual and midyear budget processes.
· Assist field sites with yearend closing procedures ensuring a timely and accurate close.
· Coordinate and help staff the yearend audit with PIH external auditors.
· Assist in the preparation of the indirect cost proposal.
· Help develop, implement, and regularly asses PIH’s internal control plan.
· Bachelor’s degree with a major or concentration in economics, business, accounting or finance.
· Minimum of 6-8 years experience.
· Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem solving abilities.
· Strong accounting and internal control knowledge.
· Detail orientation with the ability to quickly master subject matter and see it in the context of a broader operational framework.
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and demonstrated ability to work across a range of cultures, personalities and competencies.
· Experience working in resource poor settings desirable.
· Commitment to health and social justice.
· Willingness to travel 25% of time.
· CPA or MBA desirable.
Partners in Health - 18 months ago