Title International Flight Coordinator Job # 14960BR Job Function Flight Operations City Annapolis State Maryland Country United States FT/PT Full Time Qty 1 Job Description At ARINC, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose ARINC as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join ARINC and help shape our future while creating yours.
ARINC Incorporated is seeking an International Trip Planning Specialist (International Flight Coordinator) to support our Aviation Solutions “ARINC Direct” business unit. This position will serve our global customers from our headquarters in Annapolis, Maryland.
ARINC Direct provides a complete suite of web-based flight support services, including flight planning, weather, and flight deck and passenger communications to its worldwide business aviation customers.
The International Trip Planning Specialist (Flight Coordinator) will be responsible for:
This position may require flexible coverage of multiple shifts in support of 24/7 operations, including weekends and holidays. Ideally, the International Trip Planning Specialist will be an extremely detail-oriented and organized person with exceptional interpersonal skills and customer service experience. This position requires a person with the ability to handle customer concerns properly, think outside the box, and provide solutions for the most challenging of tasks. This individual should have excellent written communication skills and be able to maintain the high level of service our customers receive from ARINC Direct. Qualifications Required Experience:
- Interacting with ground and air-based business aviation customers via telephone and message exchanges during all phases of flight planning and operations.
- Working with pilots, customer administrators, dispatchers, and schedulers to create, execute, and monitor international handling trips.
- Preparing flight plans (including advanced international planning), examining regulatory and permit requirements, providing CIQ and ground handling arrangements and support, as well as work with hotels and ground transportation providers.
- Communicating and negotiating with a variety of parties, including regulatory authorities.
- Responding and acting on short-notice to international service requests and abrupt changes, while liaising with customers and third-party vendors/subcontractors around the globe.
- Providing customer account, software, and training support.
- Operating a computerized system with action items and service requests.
- One to two years of experience in the aviation industry, preferably in the corporate/business aviation market with one (1) year active in an International Trip Planning discipline.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Understanding of aviation technology, systems, aircraft components, and flight operations vernacular.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of international/regional idiosyncrasies.
- Strong computer skills.
- Team player with the ability to self-manage and multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent problem solving and dispute resolution skills.
Education or Certification Requirements:
- Three (3) or more years of experience in the aviation industry, preferably with a major International Service Provider (ISP) in the business aviation market.
- Experience in a flight operations supervisory, handler, permit specialist, flight coordinator, or aircraft dispatch experience role.
- Licensed FAA Dispatcher.
- Preferable to have experience with ARINC Direct products and services.
- Bi-lingual (English / Spanish; English / French; English / Portuguese).
- Bi-lingual (must be fluent in written and verbal English).
- BS in Aviation/International or business-related field, or equivalent experience. Amount of Travel Required for Position 0 - 25
ARINC - 17 months ago