Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in California. Founded in 1931 as a farmer’s cooperative in San Jose, California, Orchard has grown to be California’s “large” hardware store. We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career.
We are in the process of building a world class Global Sourcing organization to assist in strengthening our competitive position and driving long term growth. We are seeking logistics and supply chain professionals that are energetic, driven and inquisitive and who are looking for continued career growth. The ideal candidates enjoy being a contributor to a team and a business partner with various areas of the organization.
International Logistics Analyst
Orchard Supply Hardware is looking for an International Logistics Analyst that will work within our Global Sourcing organization. The International Logistics Analyst will be responsible for ensuring invoices from our third party logistics providers are audited prior to payment. This position will work to improve the invoicing process for efficiency and data accuracy through working closely with our logistics service providers as well as Orchard’s Finance and Merchandising Groups. In addition, this position will be charged with creating KPIs to assess the operations and financial performance of Orchard’s Import Logistics programs.
· Audit 3 rd party logistics providers invoices and accurately allocate costs to import purchase orders. Works with providers to resolve any issues with invoicing.
· Develop an Access database to capture import logistics cost components and provide reporting.
· Develop KPI metrics and monthly reporting for auditing operational and financial performance of Orchard’s Import Logistics programs and vendors.
· Assist the Director of Import Logistics in ocean contract negotiations, management and implementation of Import Logistics programs.
· Assist the Imports Customs Manager in customs, compliance and CTPAT matters.
· Support Orchard’s Supply Chain and Logistics operations with analysis or other projects as required with issues regarding shipments from Asia to the United States.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business is required
· 3-6 years direct experience working in international logistics from a financial analysis perspective
· Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
· Strategic and conceptual thinking skills
· Ability to focus on and prioritize critical issues and activities
· Strong planning, organization and project management skills
· High-level expertise in Excel and Access
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills
· Entrepreneurial spirit
· Strongly self-motivated and ability to work independently to keep priorities and projects moving
Desired Abilities and Competencies:
· Bilingual (English & Chinese) preferred
· Ability to drive positive change
· Hunger for learning and growth
· High Energy
Orchard Supply Hardware supplies California's do-it-yourselfers. It operates more than 85 home centers in the Golden State, from Los...