The Logistics Specialist will be responsible to ensure our internal and external customer’s transportation needs are met and that Trek’s product are moved in the most time and cost efficient manner. Coordinate shipments and information for imports between Trek facilities, warehouses, freight companies, etc. Provide leadership and is knowledgeable in import regulation interpretation to identify opportunities of improvement.
- Interfaces with internal departments, suppliers, freight forwarders, and co-workers in a team based environment.
- Records and maintains import data in spreadsheets, databases, and/or external PO management systems.
- Makes mode of transit recommendations based on knowledge of systems and procedures; looks for ways to reduce costs and increase efficiency, conducts analysis necessary to make recommendations.
- Tracks and reports status of imports to ensure smooth Customs clearance/reduce delays in transit.
- Provide Customs brokers with necessary documentation or information as necessary, including but not limited to HTS classification, documentation requirements, and other government agency regulations impacting Trek imports.
- Completes specific goals, initiatives, and long-range strategic objectives as assigned by the Import Manager.
- Experience with C-TPAT and ISF will be a benefit.
Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, or related field.
Minimum of 2 years of experience in International Logistics.
Knowledge of US Import regulations, and US Customs processes.
Knowledge of International Transportation, Overseas Freight Forwarding, and Ocean Carrier operations.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 programs.
Ability to work both independently and in teams.
This position is very detail-oriented and requires good analytical and problem solving skill to research and resolve a variety of Import compliance and logistics issues. Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
Trek Bicycle Corporation - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard