Lead and manage the creation and development of high quality marketing communications materials and promotional activities to attain the sales and marketing objectives of the International Business and relative brands. Create global strategies that ensure all materials are breakthrough for the industry and complement brand positioning.
Duties & Responsibilities:
o Create marketing materials such as catalogs, sell sheets, point-of-sale, newsletters, ads, PR, photography, trade show displays in multiple languages.
- Align marketing communication materials with category strategies. Plan, manage, execute and track the development of communication materials supporting multiple languages, brands and product lines, serving multiple channels.
o Orchestrate photo and video sessions and directing photography/video crews as needed
o Evaluate design and print technologies to include multilingual package design and printing methods.
o Protect brand usage; maintain online communication tools (such as Distributor and Dealer Portal)
o Support a consistent corporate image; also to seek ideas and cost savings.
o Coordinating the distribution of new materials and field announcements.
o Coordinate translation as needed by working with translation vendor
- Facilitate communications between the Toro team (i.e. Marketing Managers) and outside creative services to cultivate and maintain product positioning.
o Ensure all materials are transported using cost effective Toro fleet suppliers.
o Manage various vendors. Regularly measure their effectiveness against cost/value standpoints
o Responsible for all communications (printed and on-line) regarding marketing collateral availability.
- Manage the selection, procurement, pricing, inventory management, and distribution of all marketing collateral materials. Understand the practices of Parts, Strategic Sourcing, Cost Accounting, Manufacturing and Distribution.
o Advise appropriate parties routinely regarding the obsolescence of inventory keeping scrap costs to a minimum.
o Maintain a thorough knowledge of ever-advancing computer technologies that support graphic developments and audio visual needs.
- Create strategies that evolve print communications to the digital world whenever feasible (toro.com and Distributor and Dealer Portal). Work closely with web staff to merge and expand print communications to online representation and accessibility.
- Provide leadership in the area of marketing communications leveraging available graphic capabilities, evaluating cost and time constraints. Work closely with web team in order to offer comprehensive campaign to meet marketing managers’ print and online needs.
o Track all projects and tasks using Sharepoint technology to keep the marketing and marketing communications managers as well as other team members informed.
o Implement a formal system for securing necessary department approvals for all promotional materials.
o Maintain a thorough knowledge of new product development projects for all product lines (Commercial, Grounds, Consumer, Irrigation, LCB and Siteworks Systems) so as to best help coordinate product launches.
o Support sales management with creative, cost effective POS and displays. Seek cost effective ways to respond to the customization and shorter timelines of the direct channels.
- Develop and maintain annual marketing communications plan and monitor project costs. Assist the marketing and marketing communications managers in their yearly budget planning for brochures and merchandising materials.
o Maintain current working knowledge of the industry and art through participation in professional and trade associations and field travel as required. Perform other special assignments and duties as needed.
- Provide the overall creative coordination for all aspects of producing marketing collateral. Ensure that Toro International's graphic identity is consistent and complementary to Toro's brand standards. Communicate and work closely with global marketing teams on all promotional and printed materials projects.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing/communications with emphasis in advertising and public relations, and at least seven years of experience in marketing communications, with an emphasis on design and print, preferably with international markets.
- Must be able to create strategic marketing communications plan and as well as execute at the tactical level.
- Working knowledge of all MS Office and graphics software packages, including: InDesign, CS5 suite, Illustrator and Adobe PhotoShop.
- Ability to manage multiple languages and projects while meeting objectives and schedules.
- Must be able to work independently, be highly productive, think creatively to develop visual displays depicting marketing strategies and objectives, and be capable of leading cross-functional team projects.
- Ideal candidate must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, intercultural, written and verbal communication, and project management skills.
Headquartered in Bloomington, MN, The Toro Company delivers innovation through a surprising array of products. Since 1914, our ideas have transformed the way professionals and homeowners care for their outdoor landscapes. An excellent reputation, strong brands, ethical business practices, and a culture founded on trust and respect are ideals shared by our employees.
With annual revenue of $1.9 billion, Toro consistently delivers strong financial performance and market leadership. More than 5,000 global employees form a strong community with a world of opportunities to learn and contribute.
Ideas and ideals. That’s life at Toro. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Toro Company - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard