The International Military Business Development Manager is part of the Campaign Operations and Support group, which leads cross-functional activities in support of global military market development and major campaigns for the sale of military products and services to both international and domestic government customers.
1. Manage functional support requirements of market development leads and sales campaign leads in the engagement of military customers and the pursuit and capture of major sales opportunities.
Within the group, assigned responsibilities among managers include:
a. Assemble and manage task-specific teams of subject-matter experts from multiple functional organizations to support international customer engagement activities (e.g. trade/air shows, demonstrations, visits, presentations)
b. Coordinate internal and external resources in conducting analysis of customer mission and technical requirements, development of product solutions and employment concepts, and assessments of operational effectiveness and competitive position
c. Recruit and lead dedicated interdisciplinary teams from within functional organizations to develop detailed responses to inquiries from international customers related to major fleet sales (e.g. RFIs, LORs, RFPs)
2. Coordinate with Business Development vice presidents, campaign leaders, and market development leaders to prioritize activities and allocate resources effectively to meet customer requirements and achieve company business goals and strategic objectives
3. Ensure the accuracy of all technical, programmatic, and business information provided for senior leadership reviews, and deliver presentations to Bell executives to gain necessary decisions and/or approvals, as required
4. Interface with US and foreign government officials as needed in support of market development and sales campaign efforts
1. Market development and sales campaign efforts are fully supported as needed to effectively shape opportunities and win major military sales in support of Bell’s programmatic and business goals, as well as long-term strategic objectives
2. Responses to international customers are timely, accurate, complete, professional and competitive, while remaining fully compliant with all applicable laws and regulations
3. Bell/Textron executive reviews are completed in accordance with established processes
4. Resources are prioritized and appropriately allocated across all sales pursuit and capture activities and expended within budgetary and other constraints
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, or related field is required
- Master's Degree is preferred
10+ years experience in military aviation, military acquisition, business development, marketing and sales, or program management is preferred.
Demonstrated success in leading cross-functional teams and project management is required.
Experience in working directly with executive management and/or senior military leadership is required.
Strategic thinking and planning ability is required.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
International experience and/or foreign language proficiency is preferred.
Understanding of vertical-lift aircraft/missions and/or aviation support/service is preferred. Direct experience as a pilot or as an aviation maintenance/support technician is preferred.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Jan 31, 2013, 10:29:32 AM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Textron - 19 months ago
Bell Helicopter, a Textron company, prefers a light lift and a heavy payload. It is a leading manufacturer of commercial helicopters, manned...