Job Posting Title |
International Payroll Accountant
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With 2011 revenues of more than $11 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 11,500 staff and 18,500 craft workers. Kiewit Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kiewit participates in E-Verify.
The International Payroll Accountant will be a liaison and point of contact for Kiewit’s Canadian and Australian Jobs in the payroll department. They will advise on a variety of accounting and payroll functions including but not limited to billing to joint ventures, reporting, reconciliation of ex patriot taxes, etc. They will analyze financial information and prepare financial reports as well as provide support and training for field and corporate Canadian and Australian personnel.
• Prepare and analyze account reconciliations related to international payroll
• Review Trial Balance entries
• Prepare Accruals
• Review Monthly Intercompany invoices to international projects
• Provide support and assistance to international projects in regards to costing and invoicing
• Correspond with third party tax consultants
• Prepare and analyze quarterly financial work papers
• Reconcile taxes in comparison to the hypothetical taxes in reference to our international work.
• Work Kiewit’s Canadian and Australian projects to provide assistance and support regarding finances and payroll.
• Monitor and report financial status of selected jobs on a monthly basis
• Respond to ad hoc requests made by Kiewit’s management team
This position requires self-awareness and initiative. This individual must be assertive to take on learning activities and grasp developmental opportunities. A successful candidate will be highly motivated and have the ability to build relationships quickly and naturally. These relationships will bring this candidate the credibility needed to operate as a successful business partner within the Kiewit Companies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• Proficient in Excel with the ability to create pivot tables, V-look ups and create complex formulas
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience with Access
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and payroll principles
• Must be flexible and adaptable to the needs of the management team
• Ability to gather, process and present information accurately and clearly
• Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with internal customers and ability to maintain these relationships over time
- 2 years ago - save job
Peter Kiewit Sons' is a heavyweight in the heavy construction industry. The general contractor and its subsidiaries have a breadth of...