The University of Connecticut School of Law in Hartford seeks an International Programs Associate. This position, under the general direction of the Director of International Programs administers various international programs at the Law School, including the coordination of special services and advising for international students and visiting faculty on academic, personal and cultural adjustments.
1. Master's degree.
2. Three to five years' relevant professional experience.
3. Demonstrated interest in and understanding of foreign cultures, enthusiasm for and ability to travel abroad commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the position.
4. Familiarity with office software programs (Word, Excel, etc.), online search tools, social media, and ability to learn LL.M. admissions program and database.
5. Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication.
6. Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills.
1. Knowledge of one or more foreign languages.
2. J.D. or similar graduate degree in law (e.g., LLM or SJD).
3. Professional experience working in higher education, especially in a law school environment.
4. Prior experience working with international students in an educational environment.
5. Experience or training in student counseling, preferably at the college and/or graduate student level.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
Please upload a resume, a cover letter, and a list of three employment references with reference contact information via Husky Hire. The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on 1/07/2013.