The International Recruiter will develop International Health's ability to identify and staff projects with long-term and short-term highly technically qualified professionals. Abt seeks a highly motivated, strategic thinker with demonstrated experience in recruiting to plan strategies to attract top talent, develop strong partnerships with candidates and hiring managers and build a bench of qualified candidates and cultivate an in depth understanding of the business line and hiring needs.
- Conducts searches and networking to identify and screen highly qualified technical candidates for the International Health Division’s proposal positions and short-term assignments. Evaluates candidates with technical capabilities in a variety of areas, to include: health systems, health economics, health financing, private sector approaches, HIV/AIDS, climate change, agribusiness, economics, enterprise development, trade, environmental management, and other technical areas as necessary.
- Works closely with proposal development teams and Division technical staff and managers to help identify personnel needs for home office, ongoing contracts and new business proposals.
- Employs a variety of standard and specialized sourcing techniques to identify a high quality diverse candidate pool.
- Helps build and maintain networks of potential employees and consultants, while cultivating positive relationships in order to maintain a pool of qualified and interested candidates.
- Establishes sourcing and candidate development processes and practices committed to outstanding client service and delivery including building social networks, and industry specific networks.
- Actively manages database of talent pool to provide a pipeline of potential candidates.
- Manages communications between applicants and hiring managers to ensure optimal timing of application to hire process.
- Works closely with Director of Global Recruiting, HR, Divisional Operations to determine priorities and allocate responsibility.
- Works with HR and hiring managers to develop and extend offers of employment to selected candidates within the guidelines of Abt’s employment policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with EEO and OFCCP guidelines and other government requirements.
- Works on recruiting projects and assist with ongoing team and HR department efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience, including at least 2 years supporting international development projects, including those funded by USAID and other donor organizations.
- Strong preference for direct overseas experience and relevant language skills (Spanish, French, Russian, Arabic).
- Strong organization, communication, and networking skills.
- Strong /proven technical writing skills.
- Computer proficiency in Word and Excel at a minimum.
- Team player with interest in collaborative work environment.
- Aptitude for building successful relationships with candidates, colleagues and individuals involved in hiring process.
- Superior professionalism, discretion and judgment.