Unmatched Solutions and Expertise for Absolute Confidence
Being certain means everything when solving complex engineering challenges. Our products and our reputation depend on it. At MTS Systems Corporation, we collaborate closely with our customers to design, develop and produce higher quality products with greater speed and lower cost. Join our innovative team and help us support our mission to be the leading provider of testing and sensing solutions. By working together, we can help our customers optimize their designs, improve their productivity and bring better products to market faster.
No one instills greater certainty than MTS.
As a Distribution Manager you will be responsible for the development of new business as well as identifying the full market potential of existing customers, including major accounts, through distribution and direct channels to the Industrial markets. The ideal candidate will have comprehensive knowledge in automation, measurement and control technology.
- Create and define plans, strategies and goals for each major customer(OEM ) /distributor in the territory.
- Assess in the detail the positioning, capabilities and sales deployment of each the distributors in the territory
- Make plans and recommendations and then implement changes in distributor geographies, markets served and recruit replacements for distributors who are misaligned to the defined strategies.
- Hold regular planning and review meetings with senior management at each of the distributors. Hold MTS and the distributors to plans and actions decided in these meetings
- Provide on-site training for the distributors and travel with their sales teams to help at end user customer accounts.
- Drive new opportunity development at existing direct accounts (large OEM’s), and new direct accounts (large OEM’s) that have been identified in the territory.
- Work with the MTS sales manager to develop a reasonable budget for assigned territory.
- Perform competitive analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline, preferably ME or EE and 5+ years sales experience in industrial control systems, sensors, or instrumentation as well as experience managing distributors for a principle/manufacturer
- Ability to speak and write Spanish/Portuguese
- Ability to travel up to 50% overnight travel
- Excellent technical writing, verbal communications, organizational and presentation skills
- Ability to interact with customers at varying levels of an organization on an international basis
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams on projects involving technical problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to use computers and common business applications (MS Office, etc)
- Experience using CRM software to manage accounts and opportunities.
- Ability to make decisions and negotiate with customers.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
MTS Systems Corporation - 2 years ago
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...