GDF SUEZ Energy North America, Inc.
International Senior Accountant
Responsible for the financial accounting activities for the GDF SUEZ North America, Gas (Mexico) group including, but not limited to, monthly close, financial statement preparation, balance sheet reconciliations, accounting consolidations, Mexican payroll activities, tax preparation, and variance analysis.
Reports to: Director, Business Control.
Director, Business Control
Salary – Exempt
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and coordinate the month end close process for Mexico gas business.
- Prepare month end reporting to shareholders using SMART system.
- Prepare and analyze variances explanations, best estimates, KPI’s
- Coordinate and process payroll payments for Mexican employees.
- Ensure that Payroll Mexican taxes are in line with the authorities regulations
- Ensure that Federal Mexican taxes are in compliance with the authorities for Holding companies.
- Prepare and submit Mexican tax reports.
- Translate financials from Mexican GAAP to IFRS (re-measurement method).
- Consolidate financial statements in IFRS in a Monthly basis SMART system.
- Assist with interim and year-end audit with internal and external auditors.
- Assist with documentation and assessment of Mexico controls.
- Coordinate intercompany billing.
- Coordinate and prepare budgets/ forecasts in Mexican GAAP, US GAAP and IFRS.
- Work with personnel in other departments and related affiliate offices with regards to inter-company accounting.
- Act as a team member with all employees of GDF SUEZ North America Staff.
- Comply with all GDF SUEZ policies and procedures.
- Carry out other duties and coordinate special projects as needed.
- Understand accounting and controls (Mexican, US, IFRS).
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Use SMART and/or Cartesis or equivalent accounting software to coordinate and assist with completion and distribution of the Mexico subsidiaries’ monthly financial report.
- Must have five (5) years of progressive accounting experience.
- Must have previous energy accounting and/or public accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Mexican Taxes regulations (Federal, VAT, ISR).
- Knowledge of Mexican labor regulations.
- Knowledge of IFRS Accounting and international accounting experience.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
GDF SUEZ Energy North America, Inc. encourages individuals to apply for open positions using the Apply Online button below. However, if you are unable to complete your application on-line you may mail your resume to our address: GDF SUEZ Energy North America, Attn: Human Resources, 1990 Post Oak Boulevard, Houston, TX 77056.
GDF SUEZ is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on-line at
GDF SUEZ - 23 months ago