Essential Qualification: |
Bachelors Degree in a science related field or equivalent
combination of intellectual instruction and work experience. Required Knowledge: Dietary supplement technical /formula experience, Knowledge specifically on ingredient suppliers, quality and price.
Preferably with a background in purchasing.
5 -7 years of sourcing experience
Skill and Ability:
Strong negotiating skills.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Proficient in MS office software.
The International Sourcing Manager will be responsible for coordinating and executing a sourcing strategy to develop a portfolio of private label products that meet the regulatory formulation, testing, documentation, and labeling requirements of targeted international markets.
This position will report to the Director of Business Development, and will work very closely with the Scientific and Regulatory Affairs team to develop a stable line of international products.
Essential Functions :
Develop and maintain country level regulatory requirement database
Formulate a stable line of core products that meet international regulatory requirements
- Work with outside resources, including consultants and third party/private label vendors to identify international registration requirements in key markets. This includes limitations on ingredients and dosages and required testing and documentation support requirements.
Support international partners’ product registration and import requirements
- Create product formulations that meet regulatory restrictions in targeted countries
- Identify current products that meet regulatory requirements
- Fill core products from bright label offerings by new and existing contract manufacturers
- Negotiate purchasing and supply agreements with new vendors
Support NPN registration of products in Canada
- Manage document requests to register products in local markets
- Work with internal and external partners to register key Vitamin Shoppe products in Canada
Conduct plant tours with key suppliers and attend industry trade shows.
Other project and duties as assigned.
Our competitive salary and benefits package includes matching 401K, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, medical, dental insurance, vision-care plan, prescription drug coverage, disability benefits, confidential employee assistance program, health advocacy program, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, paid holidays, associate discount, a credit union, an on-site gym and wellness programs.
Vitamin Shoppe helps vitamin-takers meet their recommended daily requirements. The fast-growing company sells vitamins, supplements, and...