Ashburn VA: VA office of large telecommunications copmany seeks experienced paralegal for great opportunity with growth potential! Transfer your law firm skills in house. Regulatory experience preferred. At least three years experience required, Bachelor's degree, excellent communication skills.
Providing day-to-day support for the Regulatory compliance legal team.
Project management of complex legal matters. Responsibilities include planning and preparing for meetings, documenting information obtained during the meetings, identifying and communicating action items, driving responsible parties to complete action items on time, and tracking fulfillment of ongoing commitments.
Organizing and coordinating with employees across several lines of business, gathering information and requirements on projects.
Researching and summarizing statutes, regulations, administrative decisions and case law using a variety of media including Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw and the Internet.
Developing, organizing and maintaining responsibility for department files and assisting with development of a coherent database and tools for tracking information.
Developing presentations using PowerPoint, Excel and Word and preparing and updating of applicable meeting materials ( i.e . agendas, action items, matrices, charts, etc.).
- Bachelors Degree with strong academic performance required; other advanced degree preferred.
- Paralegal certificate.
- Demonstrated ability to do legal research using the Internet, Lexis/Nexis, and Westlaw.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and Lotus Notes.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a paralegal.
- Requires excellent file management and organizational skills.
- Requires strong written and oral communication skills.
- Prior experience with federal and state telecommunications regulations is desirable.
- 14 months ago - save job