International Trade Specialist*
International Trade Specialist
External - Open to All Applicants
Illinois Small Bus Develop Ctr
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The International Trade Specialist, under the supervision of the Director, IL Small Business Development Center/International Trade Center, plans, develops and markets international trade opportunities to Lake County Business leaders.
As an international trade subject matter expert, must be able meet and advise business leaders and CEO's on all aspects of global trade to grow their business.
Develop and grow relationships and partnerships through in depth community outreach. Research and develop strategies in conjunction with clients to expand into the global market. Identify, create and implement global forums and workshops. Manage and achieve goals set by the grant and monitor the budget.
1. B.A. or B.S. in Business Administration, International Business, or related field.
2. Minimum of two (2) years experience in international trade business development with a business or economic development organization.
3. Knowledge of, or experience in international trade related activities.
4. Excellent ability to communicate, collaborate, and negotiate with high level business leaders and stakeholders.
5. Experience in managing budgets and reporting.
6. Ability to conduct research, consult, and teach. Includes speaking to large groups.
7. Superb verbal and written communication skills.
8. Solid computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet and internet research.
9. Own transportation with valid driver's license.
1. Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP).
2. Masters in International Business.
3. Knowledge of export compliance.
4. International research experience.
6. Previous experience with grant programs.
Expected Start Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please note: Continued employment in this position is contingent upon continued external funding.
The salary is competitive.
Hours Per Week:
Required Applicant Documents:
Unofficial Transcript 1
Optional Applicant Documents:
Unofficial Transcript 2
Software Testing Required: (MS Word and Excel are required for classified and specialist positions.)
Interview Process Requirements:
Quicklink for Posting:
College of Lake County - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard