International Trade Specialist*
International Trade Specialist* (Deadline Extended)
External - Open to All Applicants
Illinois Small Bus Develop Ctr
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The International Trade Specialist, under the supervision of the Director, IL Small Business Development Center/International Trade Center, plans, develops and markets international trade opportunities to Lake County Business leaders.
As an international trade subject matter expert, must be able meet and advise business leaders and CEO's on all aspects of global trade to grow their business.
Develop and grow relationships and partnerships through in depth community outreach. Research and develop strategies in conjunction with clients to expand into the global market. Identify, create and implement global forums and workshops. Manage and achieve goals set by the grant and monitor the budget.
1. B.A. or B.S. in Business Administration, International Business, or related field.
2. Minimum of two (2) years experience in international trade business development with a business or economic development organization.
3. Knowledge of and experience in international trade related activities.
4. Excellent ability to conduct sales, communicate, collaborate, and negotiate with high level business leaders and stakeholders.
5. Experience in managing budgets and reporting.
6. Experience conducting research, consulting and teaching international trade, including speaking to large groups.
7. Superb verbal and written communication skills and excellent presentation skills.
8. Strong computer skills including word processing, presentation, spreadsheets and internet research.
9. Own transportation with valid driver's license.
1. Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP).
2. Masters in International Business or Business Administration
3. Solid working knowledge of export compliance.
4. Experience conducting International research.
6. Previous experience with grant programs.
Expected Start Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
*This is a grant funded position; continued employment in this position is based on external funding sources.
The salary is competitive.
Hours Per Week:
Required Applicant Documents:
Unofficial Transcript 1
Optional Applicant Documents:
Unofficial Transcript 2
Software Testing Required: (MS Word and Excel are required for classified and specialist positions.)
Interview Process Requirements:
Quicklink for Posting:
College of Lake County - 16 months ago