*CANDIDATE MUST BE FLUENT IN PORTUGUESE*
*SABRE & TURBO SABRE GDS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED*
- Fulfills International travel related requests for airline, hotel, and car rentals to result in the lowest cost for booked itinerary and maximum commission claimed. Must be knowledgeable in international faring and provides customer service through the communication of travel related information. Must spend more than 50% of work time on International travel requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Books international reservations for air travel, hotel and car rentals, following up when necessary to complete the reservation.
- Responds to requests for international price quotations utilizing automated system(s) for domestic and international itineraries; queues to rate desk when appropriate.
- Promotes the acceptance of fares, rates, and suppliers that match the client’s travel program policies and negotiated contracts. Applies discount programs appropriately.
- Moves market share for BCD Travel preferred suppliers.
- Maintains and promotes professional and courteous client relations by managing a prompt and accurate response to telephone and email communications.
- Remains informed of all airline rules and regulations and current affairs. Communicates information to clients accurately and appropriately.
- Achieves individual and contractual service level goals related to telephone, quality, and productivity.
- Maintains client profiles, ensuring specials requests and reward program information such as frequent flyer / driver / hotel stay are included; May build airline reservation system profiles for use with a specific group of travelers.
- Monitors, sorts and works global distribution systems (GDS) queues daily to maintain quality control.
- Ensures optimum customer service through effective use of phone systems and positive telephone service techniques.
- Knows and properly uses: airline terminology, codes, fare basis, airline rules and tariffs, resource guides, books, and industry contacts.
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others
- Must be able to work under the stress of and meet deadlines
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately while meeting applicable productivity measures
- Must be able to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested.
- Knowledge of international faring and commission structures
- Professional telephone skills.
- Able to work independently, exercising discretion and judgment.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Capable of maintaining a favorable company image when interfacing with outside sources.
- Able to maintain work volume and quality consistent with peers.
- Proven pursuit of learning and self-development.
- Able to manage responsibilities in a manner to result in lower costs and better efficiencies for the company.
- Able to demonstrate personal and organizational integrity.
- Competency to maintain positive client and co-worker relationships; Establishing, developing, and maintaining trust and loyalty over time and through changes.
- Capability of working in a team environment supporting management and staff, following policies, providing feedback, assisting in special projects, and taking on additional responsibility.
- Effective oral and written communications.
- Organizational skills that result in high productivity.
- Minimum of four (4) + years active Travel Consultant experience in the past 6 years.
- Minimum of 1-2 years international experience
- Must spend more than 50% of work time on International travel requests.
- Thorough knowledge of the travel industry, fares and international markets.
- Proficiency on specified GDS.
- Knowledge of international faring and ticketing procedures.
- Above average productivity level (subject to management assessment for off-the-phone projects).
- Demonstrated professional customer service skills.
- Achieves established office goals for measurable accuracy.
- Demonstrated internet research skills for customer information.
- Able to work nights and weekends when needed.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires an adequate range of body motion and mobility to enable the individual to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires ability to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Requires ability to move about to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Requires ability to operate a computer, telecommunication’s devices and other office equipment for prolonged periods of time throughout the work day.
- Requires ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is important for those activities in which the employee must impart oral information to other employees, clients and customers, in person or via telephone, and in those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions and information to others accurately, clearly and quickly.
- Requires the ability to perceive the nature of sounds. Hearing is important for those activities that require ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, in person or via telephone, and to make fine discriminations in sound.
- Requires clarity of near vision. This factor is important when special and or minute accuracy is demanded and defective near acuity would adversely affect job performance and/or safety of self and others.
- Requires ability to work other shifts and weekends and in excess of 40 hours/week, as necessary.
Requires the ability to work and cooperate with other employees and clients at all levels and from diverse backgrounds to exchange ideas, information and opinions to facilitate the task at hand.
Travel (for positions requiring travel):
Requires ability to travel by car, plane and train for prolonged periods of time domestically and internationally and to move and transport personal luggage.
Field of Interest Category:
Scheduled Work Hours:
Percent of Travel:
Portuguese - Read
Portuguese - Speak
Portuguese - Write
About BCD Travel
BCD Travel helps you make the most of what you spend on corporate travel. For travel managers and procurement...