The Internet Marketing Web & Database Developer is responsible for varying tasks that include updating website content in PHP and Java JSP environments while maintaining data integrity across multiple database platforms. Additionally, the Internet Marketing Web & Database Developer is responsible for maintaining daily scripts and processes on both Windows and Linux platforms and working with multiple departments within the company to troubleshoot and maintain assets.
• Update website content in PHP and Java/JSP with minimal ASP
• Maintain data integrity across multiple platforms
• Maintain daily scripts and processes on both Windows and Linux platforms
• Work with multiple departments within the department to troubleshoot and maintain assets.
• Perform batch updates as needed
• Execute queries in MS Access using linked tables and ODBC
• Web application programming: ASP, PHP, Java/JSP
• Work with MySQL, MS SQL and DB2
• Perform back-end web and database development as needed
• 5 years of experience in the same or related field
• Four-year degree in Computer Science or Business-related field
• Project management experience preferred.
• Multiple database platforms
• Database normalization and referential integrity
• MS SQL
• MS Access
• Linked tables
• Multiple web platforms (ASP, .NET, PHP, Java/JSP)
• PHP 5
• PC/Mac Hardware/Software
• APIs (SOAP, REST, XML, JSON)
• Windows Scripting (VBScript, Windows Script Files (WSF))
• Must be able to follow directions, work well with others, and be attentive to detail.
• Must show good judgment, common sense, initiative, and be proactive.
• Must be able to multitask during all facets of the job.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
• Attention to detail and thoroughness (ability to follow through with requests for information).
• Ability to assess customer needs, understand causes and ramifications, and determine appropriate course of action.
Technical Knowledge Of:
• Data Entry, Copier, Fax, Calculator, Software: Computer use: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint familiarity.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job includes, close vision and ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Metagenics - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Metagenics, Inc. is a life sciences company and leading developer and manufacturer of science-based nutraceuticals and medical foods sold to...