Create and maintain quality applications software to automate business functions based upon the project plan.
1. Acts independently under general supervision - using established automated software tools to add and correct functionality on complex applications.
2. Provides technical and business leadership, mentoring, and training.
3. May act as expert in a business or functional area.
4. Evaluates proposed system changes on complex applications to determine effort, impact, and time line within their area of responsibility and some broad knowledge of relevant applications.
5. Designs, supervises, plans, and coordinates moderately sized projects.
6. Considers computer equipment capacity, limitations, and operating time while completing assignments.
7. Interprets requirements (written or oral) into technical specifications for projects within their area of responsibility.
8. Has full technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming, including but not limited to designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, installing, etc.
9. Has quality assurance responsibilities and after hours on call support
10. Self-monitors assignments to report status to project teams and management.
11. Recommends changes in procedures.
12. May assist with the review and evaluation of personnel performance.
13. Interacts and communicates effectively with all business contacts.
14. Responsible for project completion and user satisfaction on complex applications.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent education and experience required.
2. Ability to work independently under general supervision with substantial latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions.
3. Must have an in-depth knowledge of a group’s applications programming system / platform. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
4. Must possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills, excellent problem solving skills, and the self-motivation to improve skills and abilities as generally acquired through five years of experience.
5. Should be willing to develop an understanding of the insurance business.
Grange Mutual Casualty Company - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard