Create and maintain quality applications software to automate business functions based upon the project plan.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Acts under general supervision - using established automated software tools to add and correct functionality on complex applications.
2. Provides technical leadership, mentoring, and training.
3. Evaluates proposed system changes on complex applications to determine effort, impact, and time line within their area of responsibility.
4. Considers computer equipment capacity, limitations, and operating time while completing assignments.
5. Interprets requirements (written or oral) into technical program specifications for projects within their area of responsibility.
6. Has full technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming, including but not limited to program design, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, installing, etc.
7. Has quality assurance responsibilities and after hours on call support.
8. Self-monitors assignments to report status to project teams and management.
9. Interacts and communicates effectively with all business contacts.
10. Responsible for project completion and user satisfaction on complex assignments
Associate’s degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent education and experience required. Ability to work under general supervision with some latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions. Must have an in-depth knowledge of at least one application programming system / platform and competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities. Must possess very good problem solving, interpersonal and communications skills, and the self-motivation to improve skills and abilities as generally acquired through three years of experience. Should be willing to develop an understanding of the insurance business.
Grange Mutual Casualty Company - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -