Department of Excellence Project Intern
· This is a full time position (min 40 hours/week, length of internship is negotiable based on program).
· Salary: $195 per week stipend
· Bachelor's Required
Northeast Georgia Health System is rated a top 100 Hospital by Thompson Reuters in 2010 and has gotten there by fostering a culture of continuous improvement. Over the past two years, NGHS has used Six Sigma principles to enhance other focus on continuous process improvement and are looking for ways to expand the toolsets into Lean thinking as well as other improvement methodologies.
The Department of Operational Excellence (D.O.E.) has been developed to support the organization in its Quest to improve processes using data and tools such as Lean/Six Sigma as well to support decision-making and roll-out of new business ventures.
· Partner with the Department of Excellence Senior Project Leader and Project Leaders to ensure effective and efficient execution of project tasks
· Work with DOE team to develop project plans, agendas, meeting minutes, business cases, analyses and proposals
· Develop critical lean, six sigma, facilitation, coaching, team building, and communication skills
· Assist with the development of relationships that drive successful completion of project assignments and identify opportunities to innovate new processes.
The ideal candidate will should be proficient in the following:
· Strong project management experience and organizational abilities
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and client management skills
Qualifications: Masters Degree Preferred, Healthcare Experience Preferred ; Strong project management, organizational and presentation skills required ; High level of professionalism required and ability to speak in public ; Strong analytical background and comfort working with financial, operational, and quality data ; Excellent in Excel and Power Point; Positive, can-do attitude toward change, inspires others; creative and entrepreneurial.
Please provide resume and cover letter as to what you would like out of an internship with NGHS. Must also be able to provide copy of transcripts and 2 letters of recommendation from school.
Northeast Georgia Health System - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
Northeast Georgia Health System in Gainesville, Georgia, is a not-for-profit community health system, dedicated to improving the health and...