Spring 2013 Internship
Brookings-Tsinghua Center for Public Policy
Founded in 2006, the Brookings-Tsinghua Center for Public Policy (BTC) is a unique partnership between China’s Tsinghua University and the Brookings Institution’s John L. Thornton China Center in Washington DC. It aims to become a leading think tank in China that produces high quality and high impact policy research in areas of fundamental importance for Chinese society and for better US-China relations, and to serve as a significant platform for US-China dialogues on a number of important topics, bringing together researchers and policy makers to enhance mutual understanding and cooperation.
Now BTC offers a spring semester internship for qualified candidates. Interns will assist BTC staff in various functions during the spring of 2013. Interns are expected to devote at least 12 hours per week to the BTC, but alternative schedules will be considered.
Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing logistical support to event organization;
- Tracking event attendees; preparing event materials;
- Compiling and updating media and contact lists;
- Providing administrative support to BTC staff or fellows as needed.
- Undergraduate students (seniors preferred) or graduate students, with a demonstrated interest in all or some of the following areas: communications, public policy, economics, international relations, and development issues;
- Experience in event and conference organization preferred;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both in English and in Chinese;
- An eye for detail and the ability to efficiently multitask with minimal supervision;
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills and familiarity with the use of electronic media.
Please note that all internships are unpaid. The spring internship generally runs from March to June, with some flexibility.
How to Apply:
Please send the following materials to Center Manager at: BTCJobs@brookings.edu
- Cover letter in English: indicating your availability (approximate total working hours per week and approximate start/end date); discussing specifically why you are interested in this position and highlighting your qualifications;
- Resume both in English and Chinese;
- Brief writing sample in English (no more than 3 pages).
Please apply via email to:
Attn: Center Manager
Subject: Brookings-Tsinghua Center for Public Policy , Your Name
Applications are due no later than February 20, 2013 , but will be considered on a rolling basis. Please indicate the position you are applying for and your name in the email subject line. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Brookings Institution - 18 months ago
The Brookings Institution may know an egghead or two (or 300). The non-partisan public policy organization is comprised of more than 300...