Req ID 3957BR Department Health Economics Location Cambridge, MA Job Description
The Vertex internship program offers students the opportunity to make a difference in science and medicine. When you join our internship program you should not be surprised to see that our environment is one that is innovative and team oriented, where collaboration is not just a word and where we are fearless in everything we do. Students can expect to be challenged, have a summer project plan, meet other interns and feel connected and valued by the Vertex community. Not only will interns learn about their day-to-day tasks through their specific work assignments, but they will interact and have exposure to our organizational leaders and their teams, through a series of “lunch and learn” sessions. Additionally, interns will be given the opportunity to meet managers and mentors in social settings and as well as the opportunity to present their work to the whole company. Be FEARLESS... Join us and help kick start the path to your career!
Internship - Health Economic Modeling:
Systematic Literature Reviews:
- Support health economic modeling efforts by reviewing, vetting and providing feedback on models developed by vendors
- Participate in development of modeling methods, parameter inputs and outputs
Observational data analysis:
- Conduct and/or support systematic literature reviews in several therapeutic areas
- Keep abreast of newly published literature relevant to Vertex; review and summarize key literature for dissemination to broader team
- Review and summarize key aspects of therapeutic area
- Participate in methods development for observational data analysis using administrative claims (medical and pharmacy) data; conduct analyses as necessary Minimum Qualifications
- MPH, MS or PhD candidate in health services research, health economics, decision sciences, or related field
Company Information Vertex creates new possibilities in medicine. Our team discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapies so people with serious diseases can lead better lives. Vertex scientists and our collaborators are working on new medicines to cure or significantly advance the treatment of hepatitis C, cystic fibrosis, epilepsy and other life-threatening diseases. Founded more than 20 years ago in Cambridge, MA, we now have ongoing worldwide research programs and sites in the United States, United Kingdom and Canada. Vertex has consistently been recognized as one of the industry's top workplaces by leading publications such as Science Magazine, The Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal, San Diego Business Journal and The Scientist, and most recently was named the top employer in Science magazine's 2011 annual survey. For more information and to view Vertex's press releases, please visit www.vrtx.com.
- Strong interest in the pharmaceutical industry
- Some experience in health economics and outcomes research, obtained through consulting or pharmaceutical industry experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of HE assessment (cost-effectiveness, budgetary impact, cost-utility analyses)
- Excellent understanding of OR (prospective studies, data base analysis, PRO development)
- Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to independently and in a team setting
VERTEX is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals - 19 months ago
Vertex Pharmaceuticals aims to cure patients with previously incurable diseases. The biotechnology company uses an integrated,...