DC Prep, a high-performing group of public charter schools, is seeking unpaid interns for the 2012-13 school year. Interns will work a minimum of 10 hours per week. Depending on experience, interest, and availability, interns can work in DC Prep’s Home Office or at one of three DC Prep campuses.
Openings in the Home Office include administrative assistance to the extended learning program, Recruitment Team, or alumni support. Opportunities on campus include one-on-one student assessments, small group student academic intervention, or assistance at the front desk or with campus operations.
ABOUT DC PREP
Now in its tenth year, DC Prep has built an excellent early childhood, elementary and middle school program and demonstrated uncommon success in student achievement, and organizational development. With a dual focus on rigorous academics and character development DC Prep is ensuring that its graduates have the skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary for success in competitive high schools and colleges.
Depending on assignments, responsibilities can include:
- Support data entry needs for student information and tracking systems;
- Call and assist families with the student application and registration process;
- Answer phones and assist callers;
- Prepare materials for mailings, events, or classrooms;
- Provide logistical support in preparation for and at school events and off-campus events in support of student or faculty recruitment needs;
- Assist students struggling with specific academic standards;
- Develop and foster positive social interactions among children.
- Positive attitude and very strong work ethic;
- Excellent organizational ability, in order to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines;
- Ability to multi-task projects, people and events to get the job done;
- Excellent computer skills, including fluency with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Willingness to learn new things and eagerness to acquire new skills;
- Total reliability and trustworthiness; and
- A sense of humor.
DC Prep - 19 months ago